Are you trying to bring an extra flavor to the ever same pizza? Fret not; our tastiest Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe has got you covered.
In this article, you will learn the recipe of buffalo chicken pizza dough, prepared with our favorite ingredient; Dingolay Tropical Gourmet Hot Sauce. Then their compilation will eventually lead to the tastiest and yummiest Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
Ingredients of Making Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Chicken (boneless breasts or thighs)
- Hot Sauce (preferred and our all-time favorite; Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce)
- Spices: salt, black pepper powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, and thyme
- Vegetables: red onions, tomato slices, capsicums, mushrooms, and black olives
- Cheese: mozzarella or cheddar (customizable)
- Vegetable Oil or Butter
- Cornmeal / All-Purpose Flour
Table of Contents
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
Preparation of Buffalo Chicken
To prepare the Buffalo chicken, you will need:
- Chicken: breast or thighs, 250g
- Olive Oil: 3 Tbsp
- Salt and Pepper: to taste
- Hot sauce: 1 cup (preferably Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce)
Flatten the chicken breasts with a meat pounder. Then prick it with a fork so the spices may penetrate fully.
Put these flattened and pricked chicken breasts in the baking tray and brush olive oil all over them on both sides. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Take one cup of Original Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce and pour it all over the chicken. Make sure the chicken is completely submerged in it.
Place the tray in the preheated oven for about twenty minutes at 160C. Let the chicken cook in the sauce. Take the tray out when the sauce has dried out and the chicken has turned golden brown.
Let the chicken cool down and shred it or cut it into cubes, as per your liking.
*In this recipe, we have not included other spices to add in the chicken because the Dingolay Hot Sauce brings every flavor that buffalo chicken needs. If needed, you can add garlic powder, red chili flakes, cumin seeds powder, and brown sugar.
Preparation of Buffalo Chicken Pizza Dough
After the buffalo chicken, pizza dough preparation is the essential part. You can either use store-bought dough, or prepare it yourself but we will always suggest you make it at home. If you find it difficult to prepare, our easiest pizza dough recipe is given below. You will need:
- All-purpose flour: 3.5 cup
- Instant Yeast Powder: 2 ¼ tsp
- Lukewarm Water: 1 1/3 cup
- Powdered Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Salt: ¾ tsp
- Olive Oil: 2 tbsp
- Cornmeal or non-stick spray
In a bowl, mix yeast and caster sugar in lukewarm water. Set the bowl aside for 10 minutes and let the yeast rise.
*Before adding water to the yeast, make sure the water is under 130 degrees, otherwise, it will kill the yeast’s bacteria and not allow it to rise.
After the said time, gradually add all-purpose flour, salt, and olive oil to the risen yeast and mix all the ingredients with a whisker. Take a plastic or a stainless steel bowl, sprinkle its surface with cornmeal or all-purpose flour and shift the dough in that bowl. Knead it well into a smooth dough for about twenty minutes. Cover it with a damp cloth and leave it to rise in a warm environment for 60 minutes.
*If the place is not warm enough, preheat your oven at 100 degrees, and turn off the flame. Place the bowl in the oven and leave its door ajar. This way your dough shall have an ample amount of warmth to rise.
As the dough has risen, sprinkle some more all-purpose flour on it and knead again for three to five minutes. The pizza dough is prepared. Shift this dough to the rolling pin and roll it to your pan’s size.
*If you are using store-bought pizza dough, please follow the instructions given on the packet.
Compilation of Buffalo Chicken Pizza
|Prep time||15 mins (may vary)|
|Bake Time||20 minutes.|
- In a bowl, add two tablespoons of melted butter, half of the shredded chicken, and one cup of Original Dingolay Gourmet Sauce. Save the remaining chicken for later use.
- In the pizza pan, spread the baking paper, grease it with vegetable oil, sprinkle some cornmeal or all-purpose flour, and evenly unroll the pizza dough. Prick it with a fork. (Take into consideration your crust preference, but set the baking time accordingly.)
- Spread the chicken batter throughout the dough and add the remaining chicken. Add dices of onions, capsicums, tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives.
- Add the cheese topping according to your liking. Sprinkle some dried oregano and thyme.
- Bake the pizza at 400 degrees for twenty minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve hot with French fries, mozzarella sticks, and dips for an added flavor.
Storage Options for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
You can store this pizza in the fridge/freezer, baked and UN-baked.
- The recipe given above to prepare the dough is enough for two pizzas. You can either refrigerate the ball of dough in a container or on a cling film brush some olive oil, sprinkle a little cornmeal or all-purpose flour, and unroll the rolled-out pizza dough and wrap it in the cling film. You can refrigerate this dough for up to two months.
- Similarly, you can store the chicken in the freezer as well. Marinated or baked.
- Moreover, if you have the whole pizza compiled, you can refrigerate it for lazy times.
You can always customize this pizza recipe with a lot of options:
- If you have any leftover chicken, mix it in Dingolay Hot Sauce and without baking it, spread it on the pizza dough and bake it.
- You can always include or exclude the vegetables.
- This buffalo chicken pizza can be baked in store-bought buffalo chicken sauce, as well as marinara sauce.
- You can also bake it on pita bread to have a different experience, but adjust the baking time accordingly.
Serving Options with Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Serve this buffalo chicken pizza with a variety of options, for instance, with fries, mozzarella sticks, chicken wings, dips, and hot sauces.
Hot Sauce Options
Our chefs and customers widely acclaim Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauces for their exquisite taste. These hot sauces come in three different flavors, i.e., Original Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce, Pineapple, and Mango Gourmet Tropical Dingolay Hot Sauce. These sauces are prepared with 100% natural Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Peppers, garlic-infused carrots, and exotic spices and herbs. Moreover, these are gluten-free and vegan-friendly, with several other health benefits.
Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauces can be used to marinate the chicken and replace the regular pizza sauce or marinara sauce to add a different flavor. They can also be served as dips.
The Original Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce is a traditional yet different flavored pepper sauce. On the other hand, Mango Dingolay Hot Sauce and Pineapple Dingolay Hot Sauce bring a sweet and sour flavor to the pizza that shall turn your traditional pizza night into something far and beyond.