If we could have any smoothie for the rest of our lives, a healthy Acai Bowl would be it. Our Acai Bowl recipe is easiest to follow, has accurate ingredients, and is a perfect option to replace your regular smoothie. The exquisite blend of creamy Acai puree and chunks of fruits make it relishing. In this article, we will tell you how to make Acai Bowl, the history of Acai bowl, and the ways you can customize it to enhance its taste and increase health benefits. Moreover, if you top it with Mango and Pineapple Tropical Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce, you will never want it made any other way.
History of Acai Bowl
Acai berries reign in the land of Amazon. Originally, Acai Pulp was consumed raw with fish or Manioc (a woody shrub). As the Acai berries traveled and gained popularity, people started experimenting with these exotic berries and derived various recipes from them. The most well-known is the Acai Bowl. The Acai Bowl Recipe is native to Hawaii and Southern California, and it is there that the whole world was introduced to this bowl of creamy delight.
It was somewhere in the 1970s when the founder of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Carlos Gracie, introduced the frozen Acai Pulp to Hawaii and other regions. Soon Acai Pulp was experimented with, and it was blended with bananas. This frozen cup of pure delight gained popularity in no time, and the discovery of its health benefits made it popular among body-builders and surfers. Today, people customize it in various ways, and it tastes delicious in every way.
Acai Bowl Recipe
Our homemade Acai Bowl Recipe is easy to follow and quickest to make. Prepare it for breakfast, and get ready to stay energized and healthy all day long. Let us walk you through the Acai Bowl ingredients and instructions.
Acai Bowl Ingredients
To make the Acai Bowl, you will need the following ingredients:
- Acai Pulp (frozen/store bought): 1 cup
- Banana (frozen): 1 (sliced)
- Blueberries (frozen): ½ cup
- Strawberries (frozen): ½ cup
- Mango (frozen): ½ cup (diced)
- Juice: Apple or Grape (choose your favorite)
- Almond or Dairy Milk: ¾ cup (substitute with juice)
- Plain Yogurt: ½ cup (substitute with juice/milk)
- Toppings: nuts, sliced fresh fruit, etc.
- Dingolay Hot Sauce: to top (optional)
Instructions to Make Acai Bowl
|Freezing Time||Up to 3 hours to 3 months|
|Blending Time||10 minutes|
- Take a plate and spread a baking sheet on it.
- Slice one banana, dice mango, and strawberries and place it on the plate along with blueberries and freeze them.
- Add the frozen fruits’ chunks, Acai puree, and apple juice to a blender, and blend well.
- Pour this puree into a bowl. Top it with raw oats, cashew nuts, crushed almonds and coconut, mango, apple, peach, banana, and apricot slices, to make it aesthetic and increase its nutritious value.
- Top it with Mango or Pineapple Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce to enhance and complement its natural flavor.
|Tidbits / Sidenotes|
|Acai Puree tastes better with almost every fruit. You can add or deduct any fruit according to your liking.|
|For a creamy texture, always add frozen fruit to the blender with Acai puree.|
|Add juice according to your liking. Only make sure that you do not choose a strong flavored juice. Otherwise, it will overpower the natural taste of Acai berries and other fruits.|
|The amount of ingredients mentioned in this Acai Bowl recipe is enough for two bowls. You can double the number of ingredients according to your serving size.|
Storage Options for Acai Bowl
- You can store Acai Puree in the freezer for up to 3 months. Pour the Acai Puree into an airtight jar and enjoy the smoothie anytime you want.
- We recommend using frozen fruits to blend Acai Puree with. You can freeze your favorite fruits as well. Slice or dice them into chunks and use them whenever you are making Acai Bowl or Shakes.
How to Customize an Acai Bowl?
Acai Bowl is highly customizable. You can add fruits and juices of your choice to make it even healthier. A few of the ideas to customize the Acai Bowl Recipe are:
- Fruits: It will not be wrong to state that Acai berries almost go with every fruit. Blend any fruit in the Acai Puree according to the season or your preferences, and customize it the way it pleases you. Slice up your favorite fruits and mix them in the Acai puree. These fruit chunks in the creamy Acai Puree add another dimension and make it tastier.
- Juices: You can use the juice of your liking while blending the fruits with Acai Puree. We would suggest adding pineapple or orange juice, but it would overpower the natural taste of tropical fruits and Acai Puree. Do not use strong-tasting juices. Instead, adding Almond Milk is a relatively sane choice. It is packed with exquisite taste, nutrients, and several other health benefits that increase the nutritious value of the Acai Bowl and enhance its taste.
- Topping: Last but not least, the toppings on the Acai Bowl play an important role. Health benefits aside, it is another way to make a simple-looking Acai Bowl relishing and appetizing. You can top it with all your favorite toppings. We recommend you top it with nuts or appealingly cut fruits to make it nutritious. For instance, sliced figs, chopped almonds, cashew nuts, peanuts, granola, and other toppings of your liking will make it look and taste delicious.
- Acai Bowl with Dingolay Hot Sauce: Acai Bowl tastes amazing with our Mango and Pineapple Tropical Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce. To balance the sweetness of Acai Bowl, these fruit-flavored hot sauces add a fiery taste that makes it relishing and appetizing, and we assure you everyone will be asking for your secret ingredient.
- If you do not have Acai Puree or are not available in your region, you can use Acai Powder. It is easily available and tastes almost the same.
Side Dishes to Serve with Acai Bowl
Acai Bowl is very versatile. You can have it in the main course or serve it as a side dish. If you want to increase its health benefits and utilize the Acai Bowl for Dieting, it is another way to enjoy it and stay healthy and energized.
Peach Juice Recipe
Acai Bowl is one of the most recommended to have with Juices. We love to pair Acai Bowls with Peach Juice.
Ingredients for Peach Juice
- Peach: 3 cups (pealed/chunks)
- Sugar: ½ Tbsp
- Black Salt: ¼ tsp
- Water: 1 cup
- Lemon Juice: 1 tsp
- Ice: 2 cups (crushed)
- Mint Leaves: few leaves to garnish
Instructions to Make Peach Juice
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Blending Time||5 minutes|
- In a juicer blender, add peach chunks, sugar, salt, ice, and water and shake well.
- Roll the sides of a wet glass in sugar to make it aesthetically pleasing. Pour the peach juice garnish with mint leaves and a peach slice.
- Serve it cold, and you are in for a treat.
If you are serving Acai Bowl as a side dish, serve it with our Chicken Sandwich Recipe or Roast Chicken Recipe. The nutritious Acai Bowl tastes even better with our delicious Chicken Sandwiches and Roast Chicken.
Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce
Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce is prepared with natural, organic ingredients that provide you with taste and health. Made with Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Peppers, Garlic-infused Carrots, olive oil, and several other herbs and spices, make it one of a kind. It is versatile, for you can pair it with everything. Its three flavors are Original Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce and Pineapple and Mango Tropical Dingolay Gourmet Hot Sauce. These Hot Sauces are health packed with natural ingredients and are gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Moreover, their exquisite sweet, sour, and fiery flavor complement the natural flavors of your regular meals and make them tastier and relishing.
Try our easy Acai Bowl Recipe at your home, and comment below to share your reviews!